“Everything is unfolding exactly as it should be. You can rest.” -Jen Lemon
Remember when I told you I was about to take an online course on dreaming? Well, it’s just drawn to a close. Over the past few weeks, we worked through some great exercises that helped us build a foundation for dreaming. We figured out what our true values are, discovered which activities are micro-energizing for us, and created clearings (spaces for our dreams to manifest). All of it geared towards the creation of a Mondo Beyondo list — everything we want to do in life, no matter how crazy.
Some of the things I learned:
- I admire iconoclasts.
- My core values are creativity, individuality, courage, independence, curiosity, openness. And I appreciate the comfortable and the casual.
- One of my micro-energizing activities is super simple: taking out the recycling.
- The first thing that came to mind when I did the clearing exercise was that I have too many books ( six overflowing five-shelf bookcases)! I need to weed.
Using the exercises in the class, I added the following MB items to my Mother List:
- be a National Geographic photographer (absolute first thing that popped in my head!)
- be a documentary filmmaker
- live in the Caribbean — Negril, Jamaica to be specific, the “Capital of Casual”
- learn to snorkel really, really well and do it every day
- never work in an office or wear business attire ever again as long as I live
- be outside most of the time
- meet Jimmy Buffett
- throw out all of my wool except a couple of sweaters for nostalgia sake
- wear flip flops only
- walk on the beach every day
- meet Diane Keaton
- have a pet monkey (a dream from childhood — I had to settle for a stuffed monkey that I named Uncle Jesse. From Dukes of Hazzard, people!)
- write my tell-all book
- make my blog into something I can make a living off of, or at least get good trips to warm places
- make a living that is not location dependent
- be healthy and fit
- have a studio space that I share with other creatives
- add a dog or 3 to our family
So in true MB style, I’ll be sitting back, waiting for my pet monkey to arrive. Maybe Jimmy will bring him when he comes to visit me in my home in Jamaica. This dreaming business is AWESOME!